Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Have to get rid of STK L180

2006-10-10 13:40:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Have to get rid of STK L180
From: cheryl.king at intrado.com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:40:56 -0600
I'm wondering what people do with their old hardware.  We have an L180
(in Denver with 8 SDLT drives) and L80 (in Miami with 2 SDLT drives).
We need to keep one of them to process old tapes but need to get rid of
one due to space constraints.  My first question - Is anyone interested
in buying one of these?  Second question - How do other companies get
rid of their old backup equipment?  I have someone that will take the
L80 but then I found out it still has value on the books.  Just thought
I'd check to see if there was any interest in purchasing one of these.
FYI - SUN/StorageTek has quoted us $4K+ to pack/ship/certify the L80, to
get it to Denver.
Cheryl King
System Administrator II
AIS - OpenView System and Servers Certified
Intrado Inc.
1601 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
direct: 720.864.5162
mobile: 720.840.4786
fax: 720.494.6600
email: cheryl.king at intrado.com
Intrado Inc.
www.intrado.com <file:///\\www.intrado.com>
ATTENTION:
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify Intrado Inc. immediately at
720.494.5800 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.