Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup VTL tuning

2006-09-07 00:38:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup VTL tuning
From: backupicici at gmail.com (Veritas Netbackup)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:08:29 +0530
Yes Paul,

My privlege, the following section shd suffice, though I can mail u the
entire doc offline {Pls let me know}.
Its the CDL Admin guide available from EMC powerlink that describes, and I
had got some inputs from the EMC support engineer.

The Tape Capacity On Demand feature allows you to allocate a small
amount of space when you create your virtual tapes, and later
automatically allocate additional space as needed. If you do not use
this option, the Disk Library server will allocate each virtual tape at
the full size of that tape. You can enable Tape Capacity On Demand
only while creating a virtual tape library or virtual tape drive. The
Tape Capacity On Demand for virtual tape libraries or drives is
enabled by default.
The Tape Capacity On Demand feature will appear only if you have
enabled the Advanced Tape Creation method.

I too am confused as to whether I'm looking at the right direction, and yes
increasing the MPX level seems to the only solution now.