Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exclude list

2006-04-26 05:17:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exclude list
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:17:51 +0100
Has anyone seen exclude lists not excluding files for raw partitions?

I am running NB5.1 MP4 on solaris systems. I have a policy with a load
of raw partitions in the form :-

            /backup/archive_log_bk
            /backup/control
            NEW_STREAM
            /u03
            /u08
            /u07
            NEW_STREAM
            /devices/pseudo/mplb@0:a,raw
            /devices/pseudo/mplb@0:b,raw
            /devices/pseudo/mplb@0:d,raw
            /devices/pseudo/mplb@0:e,raw

Now i have 3 clients in the policy to make things easier with scheduling
( as this is a database policy ), but 2 of the machines dont have the
raw devices on them so i put an exclude_list.<policyname> on each client
without the raw partitions and added them in as they are in the file
list on the policy.

When backups run there are loads of status 71  ( none of files in file
list exist ) for the raw partitions on the clients i know dont have
them. Why is this?

Cheers