Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sharing drives without SSO

2006-04-25 10:13:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sharing drives without SSO
From: andrew AT sydelko DOT org (Andrew Sydelko)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:13:31 -0400
We currently have a Linux master server and Solaris media server, both running
6.0MP2. Right now we have 6 LTO-3 drives and an ADIC Scalar 10K all hung off
the media server.

We'd like to move at least one of these drives (they are FC) to be connected to
the master server. We have been successful in deleting one of the drives off
the media server and recreating it as connected to the master server, but when
trying to do anything with it, it complains that the new drive is not useable.

Is this something that is possible? I know that we could buy a SSO license, but
I would just like to see that the drive works first on the master server.

Andrew Sydelko
Engineering Computer Network
Purdue University