Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vault question

2006-03-18 11:11:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vault question
From: chrissetti1 AT yahoo DOT com (Chris Setti)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:11:03 -0800 (PST)
--0-1861811688-1142698263=:64896

Thanks Shyam and Johnny.

  From the two replies and my research, seems like having a 1-1 correspondence
between backup and vault policies is not a good idea.

  Still wondering about reporting. If you have a lot of backup policies, and
just a couple or so of vault policies, does that give you adequate info about
what happened? All info that you get is just from the Activity Monitor, right?

Johnny Oestergaard <joe AT joe DOT net> wrote:
  All my policies have a "weekly" schedule.
So when I need to vault tapes to our remote location I run a vault job that
vaults all backups within the week that was run on the "weekly" schedule.

My "weekly" schedule is FULL, regardless of the backup type.

It's not the most complicated vault policy, but it does the job for me.

/johnny