Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backup question

2006-03-14 18:47:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup question
From: shanel AT google DOT com (Shane Liebling)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:47:32 -0800
Hey all, I currently have a linux master/media server, with a
scsi-attached robot, housing 10 drives, 4 of which are scsi attached
to the master/media server, 5 of which are fibre attached to netapp
filers.  The spare drive is currently fibre attached to a newly built
solaris box (solaris 10).

We are trying to set up the solaris box as a media server/ndmp host
for 3-way backups of mirapoint email appliances (which support
3-ways).

The solaris box can see/communicate fine with the tape drive.  It is
set up as a storage unit on the master, with the media manager set to
the solaris box, with storage unit type ndmp.  For some reason or
another everytime we try to kick off a policy to backup using it we
immeadietly get a 219 (storage unit unavailable).  The logs
specifically say (on the solaris box), that there is no NDMP drive
attached to the solaris box in the robot (tld 0 -> on the linux box).

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

-Shane