Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backup question

2006-03-15 06:06:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup question
From: andrew.x.smith AT jpmchase DOT com (andrew.x.smith AT jpmchase DOT com)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:06:02 +0000
--=_alternative 003CFB3B80257132_=

If you are using an NDMP storage unit on the solaris host you must specify
the drive path as "hostname:/dev/rmt/Xcbn" not just "/dev/rmt/Xcbn" as
this is how NBU knows what is and what is not an NDMP dedicated drive (Im
assuming u arent on NBU 6 which allows drives to be in both NDMP and
standard storage units simultaneously)

cheers Andy.

"Shane Liebling" <shanel AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
14/03/2006 23:47
Please respond to shanel