Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Request for feedback on NetBackup 6.0 MP1

2006-01-26 04:43:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Request for feedback on NetBackup 6.0 MP1
From: B.Parnell AT abertay.ac DOT uk (Parnell, Bill)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:43:03 -0000

We have just upgraded from 5.1MP3 to 6.0MP1

Issues we are getting:

Vault service not starting
(likely due to the fact we do not have a licence for vault)

EMM database intermittently stops responding.  Takes a reboot of the server to
get it working again.

We are also using NOM.
Master/media server shows as offline almost constantly
After upgrading to MP1 we do not get media lists in NOM any more.
Jobs with errors are not being reported in NOM

This is the continuation of a long string of problems we have been having with
netbackup.
We are running the master and media services on one server.  Would this have an
impact on the errors I have been seeing?

Best Regards,
Bill.