Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpverify sneaky behaviour after mp5

2005-11-28 06:53:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpverify sneaky behaviour after mp5
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:53:23 +0000
Just a heads up for people. I dont think its my system but i have just
applied mp5 and S2 patches to a netbackup 5 installation which was at mp2.

Now i use

bpverify -p -sl <schedule> -hoursago <n>  | awk '/^Media/ {print $4}'

to get me a list of tapes ran on a schedule and it emails ops so they
know which tapes to take down. (The script does more but thats the command)

After i have applied mp5 the output has changed slightly and has
introduced a SPACE character infront of each line of output from
bpverify. This now means /^Media/ doesnt match.

I have altered the script but thought id mention to people in case they
werent aware.

Anyone know of any other command outputs which have changed over MP levels?

Cheers
Dave