Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpstart for windows

2005-11-28 06:33:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpstart for windows
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:33:02 +0000
I am a unix engineer and have a few windows clients but primarily deal
with Solaris.

In the past i have used bpstart_notify scripts on unix to perform
certain jobs before writing to tape occurs. As netbackup launches the
bpstart it waits for that to complete before writing.

I now need to do a similar thing on a windows client but cant seem to
find a bpstart_notify on the client anywhere. There is no goodies dir :)

I need to run a bat file which does some database hot archive and make
netbackup wait for this to complete before writing to tape.

Anyone any ideas?

Im running Netbackup 5.0mp5S2 on Solaris 8 master with win2000 client.
Again mp5.

Thanks