Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 174 with Exchange?

2005-09-19 17:22:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 174 with Exchange?
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:22:38 -0400
I have several 174's each week.  Longer backups seem more prone to 174's.

The 174's always have the message "... n gigabytes, ..., not a multiple
of 512".

The 174's this past week are Windows 2000 & Windows XP machines on full
backup attempts, not Exchange, though the Exchange servers are sometimes
hit.

The machines that get 174's vary from very infrequently to almost always.

The machines most prone to 174's also seem to have v4.5 installed (my
backup server is v5.1MP3.

Hope this helps (it hasn't me!)

cheers, wayne