Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 174 with Exchange?

2005-09-14 12:47:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 174 with Exchange?
From: KFreels AT askjeeves DOT com (Kevin Freels)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:47:49 -0700
Greetings!

I have an Exchange Client that I'm backing up, but I get intermittent
174 errors about 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time, the backups
complete with a 0 status. It's hard to track a consistent failure as it
happens intermittently, i.e., sometimes I may have two or three days
straight of good backups, and other times it might three days or more of
174's before the next good backup.

I also have two other Exchange servers that have not had any 174 errors
that I can remember. I checked the settings between the three, and can
find no difference in how they're config'd (VSP, etc).

Before I call Veritas to open a case, has anyone experienced this same
problem?

Win2K Exchange server
NB 4.5_FP6

Thanks, as always.

....k
Kevin Freels                         kfreels AT askjeeves DOT com
Senior UNIX SysAdmin                          510.985.7444
Ask Jeeves                                         ask.com
"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."