Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Quickest command-line tape duplication

2005-06-24 14:34:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Quickest command-line tape duplication
From: vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com (Jim VandeVegt)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
What is the quickest / easiest / minimal number of options to give to
bpduplicate to have NBU duplicate all the images on a given tape?
Subordinately I also want to the new copy to be the primary.

I want one additional copy of each image on a tape, regardless of the
number of copies already in existence, except as disallowed under the
"max number of copies" global setting.

Closest I've come:
bpduplicate -id VolSer -set_primary 1 -dstunit STU1 -dp DestPool
-hoursago 9999

This does seem to work, but is there a better way?

By omitting -hoursago I got nothing but "found no images or media
matching the selection criteria." Seems the default must be 0 whereas
I intuition (for me anyway) would think omitting that selection
criteria would mean to not restrict the collection of IDs to
duplicate.

Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com Jim.VandeVegt AT PhysiciansMutual DOT com
There is no luck except where there is discipline.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail