Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Exclude List

2005-06-08 10:38:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Exclude List
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:38:42 -0500
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 08:32:18AM -0500, Larsen, Errin M HMMA/IT wrote:
> The problem I am having is that there is
> at least one directory under E: that I want to exclude.  I have entered
> into the Windows Client properties under the exclude list the following:
>
>   E:\foo\
>
>   However, one of the jobs that the asterisk produces when I run this
> policy is the very same E:\foo\.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there
> a better way to do this?

Does it actually back up any files?  I've seen cases where the job runs,
but since the exclusion is actually handled by the client, you won't
back up any data.  I don't typically work with the Windows client
exclude lists, but that's the way it works on the Unix side.

The down side, of course, is that sometimes people think that a
successful backup of the volume means that they actually got data
withour realizing that everything was excluded...

Try a bplist and see if foo was actually backed up.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org