Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL agent any pros and cons?

2005-05-11 16:38:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL agent any pros and cons?
From: juanino AT yahoo DOT com (Jerry)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
Here's my "paper" (quick version):

Pros:
* Saves disk space.  Backups up right to tape.
* Faster. One step, write to tape.
* Calls the same APIs the SQL backup does when it goes
to file.

Cons:
* Cost Money
* Funky interface/setup
   * jobs show up twice for every one job.  There is a
job that kicks off another job that communicates back
to the server (dbbackex I believe is the binary).

--- "Hindle, Greg" <Greg.Hindle AT constellation DOT com>