Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] re NBU + NetWare problem

2004-10-27 11:20:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] re NBU + NetWare problem
From: Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org (Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:20:05 -0400
We backup Netware 6.5 cluster servers with NSS volumes exceeding 1TB and over 2
million files
configured as 1 target.  NBU 4.5 fp6, Netware target  configuration, private Gb
ethernet backup
network, LTO gen 1 fibre attached drives. Last full backup ran at about 46 Gig
per hour, the LTO
tape drive is probably the limiting factor, we have done better to disk.  We
also had very good
restore times.

OTM was a problem for us too and the server would hang until we upgraded to
TSAFS.

Support for Netware is a real problem,  NBU is not cluster aware, and many of
the recent new
features of NBU like checkpoint restart for failed backups is not available.

Vincent Mase
Perot Systems