Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Pushing software to UNIX clients

2004-10-12 14:39:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Pushing software to UNIX clients
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:39:34 -0500
Jason-

Yes, you are right that "install_client_files" does not require
that the target client appears in the policy configuration...

but the original question was asking about pushing client software
out via the GUI, which is essentially the "update_clients" command.

The use of update_clients DOES require that the target client be configured
in at least one policy.

HTH
rob