Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] preserving images that are ready to run past retention

2004-10-12 14:40:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] preserving images that are ready to run past retention
From: bwindle AT wlgore DOT com (Bobby R Windle)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:40:45 -0400
--=_alternative 006694ED85256F2B_=

I have some media with images on it that are about to expire. In  other
words, the retention period
set in the policy has reached its end.  I have file corruption and don't
want to loose these images
that are about to expire.  I was told by a consultant that I should
execute the following command
on the pieces of media.

        bpexpdate -m <media id> -d infinity

Now this will set the piece of media to not expire but will it keep the
images on it from
being over written and or expiring as well?  That is my question.  I
always thought you would just freeze the media.

thanks
bobby
--=_alternative 006694ED85256F2B_=

about to expire. In &nbsp;other words, the retention period</font>
&nbsp;I have file corruption and don't want to loose these images</font>
by a consultant that I should execute the following command</font>
&lt;media id&gt; -d infinity</font>
expire but will it keep the images on it from</font>
&nbsp;That is my question. &nbsp;I always thought you would just freeze the
media.</font>
--=_alternative 006694ED85256F2B_=--