Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Full Tape question

2004-07-30 08:21:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Full Tape question
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:21:15 -0500
Roland, thanks, I confirmed that I am seeing the same situation with
some of our full tapes.  When a backup job uses multiple tapes and then
fails, the first few tapes are not always cleaned up. (i.e., they are
left showing as full, but there are no valid images on them, via
bpimmedia)  At this time I don't know if this happens every time there
is a failed job that used multiple tapes or just occasionally.  Now
because the tape is full, is it still active?  I.e., will NetBackup
reuse this tape if I don't de-assign it.  If not then this seems like a
bug.

Thanks,
Taylor