Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault and catalog problems after move to new AIX server (from AIX ) and upgrade from 4.5 MP4 to 4.5 MP6

2004-06-16 12:05:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault and catalog problems after move to new AIX server (from AIX ) and upgrade from 4.5 MP4 to 4.5 MP6
From: MDay AT qrs DOT com (Mike Day)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:05:42 -0700
Yesterday I successfully moved from one AIX box to another and upgraded from
4.5 MP4 to 4.5 MP6.  My backups were successful but my vaults failed with a
"socket write failed(24)" error and the catalog backup failed with a "NB
database backup failed, a path was not found or is inaccessible(124)" error.
I tried recreating the vaults but got the same error.  For the catalog error
further examination of the logs said "from host netbackup.qrs.com, WRN -
/bpdb/db is only being backed up as a symbolic link"

- I'm not sure which version of vault I'm running.  I only assume its 4.5
MP6 since that's what I installed on the new server but when I look for
vault patches all I saw on Veritas's site was 4.5 MP5.

Mike Day
mday AT qrs DOT com