Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Netbackup 5.0 - Upgrade to MP2 --NetBackup.dll didn't upgrade

2004-06-16 11:44:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Netbackup 5.0 - Upgrade to MP2 --NetBackup.dll didn't upgrade
From: Scott.Payne AT choa DOT org (Payne, Scott)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:44:19 -0400
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:16:19 -0400
From: "McAllister, Steve P." <smcallister AT orhs DOT org>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 - Upgrade to MP2

After upgrading from Netbackup 5.0 MP1 to 5.0 MP2 I am unable to start
device manager on any of my media servers. I am able to start it on the
master server. I have tried the following:

> Re-start master and media servers
> Install latest "Veritas" tape device drivers
> Initiating logging directories
> Removing device configuration from one media server and re-booting -
then re-adding config
> Verified tape device id configuration through registry

I use Windows 2003 for master and have 3 win 2k media servers and one
win 2k3 media server. I have upgraded all of the media servers to the
same release as mater. Was working fine until upgrade... Any ideas???

I had the same thing happen with both my Master (2000) and a Media
(2003) server.  After spending sometime with veritas support, it was
discovered that the NetBackup.dll did not upgrade in volmgr\bin or
netbackup\bin.  The old one was version 5.0.0.370 and it should be
5.0.0.372.  Fortunately, Netbackup.dll in admincmd was the correct
version. I copied it to the other locations and started device manager.
The official cure was to uninstall and reinstall netbackup; however, I
can't find this on support website.