Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error after changing client name

2004-02-26 09:34:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error after changing client name
From: robert.l.gates AT pharmacia DOT com (Gates, Robert L [Non-Employee/1017])
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:34:15 -0500
Everyone,

We changed the name of one of two of our clients. We also established the
links
per the manual in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images and made sure that the
bp.conf
files on the server and clients were updated.

One of the clients was uschvbx07. The bperror -U -problems report shows the
following
since we made the change. I do not understand why host uschvbx07 is trying
to be
accessed by the bpexpdate command. The other client does not seem to be
having
this problem.

What have I overlooked?

02/26/2004 00:02:17 uschvbx99 bpexpdate  Host uschvbx07 not found for at
least
                    one fragment, -deassignempty operation terminated
02/26/2004 00:02:17 uschvbx99 bpexpdate  Could not update media list, host
is
                    unreachable
02/26/2004 04:36:29 uschvbx99 -  NB database backup timed out connecting to
                    uschvbx07

Bob Gates
Pfizer STL Unix Team
(636) 247-5297

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer.