Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AIX 5.2 Media Server loses its devices

2004-02-12 06:35:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AIX 5.2 Media Server loses its devices
From: bulent.aktug AT gantek DOT com (BULENT AKTUG)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:35:57 +0200
Hello to everybody,
My problem is related to a complex environment.
There are 3 Solaris + 2win2000 + 1 winnt + 3 AIX media server SSO sharing
the STK9840A and STK9840B tape drives in L700 robotic library via SAN
Brocade Switch.

AIX 5.2 Media Server loses its devices. This occurs randomly at any time.
After we configure the OS again, it works fine in limited time. Afterwards
tape drives seemed on OS site as defined status again.
We are using NBU 4.5 MP5. IBM 6228 Host Bus Adapter.
We even do not localize the problem.

Anything that makes sense, please reply.
Thank you.