Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to read the content of a expired tape

2004-02-12 05:10:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to read the content of a expired tape
From: jerome.meyer AT pax DOT ch (Jérôme Meyer)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:10:50 +0100
hi all

[using of NetBackup DC 4.5 on UNIX]
The database doesn't contain any more any information concerning a tape
and I want to know a content from a old tape (3 month ago).
For this reason, I put a tape in the robot and started a report:
->report->Media Content->Media ID:(media_id)->run report.
This error appears: "Error from Master Server, could not obtain report
from host. requested media id was not found in NB database and/or MM
database volume".
How to know the content of a old tape or re-read a tape...
What should I do?

Thanks in advance
jmm