Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to restrict a netbackup user to just monitor backups ?!

2003-12-24 11:17:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to restrict a netbackup user to just monitor backups ?!
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:17:17 -0600
--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

* laila aloui <aloui_laila AT yahoo DOT com> [2003-12-24 03:05]:
> Hello all,
> =20
> Please, i would like to know if it is possible to create a user for the=
=20
> xnb interface, whith the unique profile of monitoring backups, because=20
> i want to delegate the task of verifying backups status to user rather=20
> than the administartor.( we are using netbackup 3.4 )

I tried getting this to work for a long time, without success. Some of
the documentation I found implied that non-root users can run the job
monitor, and the benifit to this is the kill options on jobs is removed
=66rom the menu.

Doesn't work. You _can_ run the job monitor as a non-root user, and it
_does_ remove kill from the menu, but the files that contain the data
are owned by root so the job monitor displays no information.

Your best option is to look into third-party applications like aptare.
We ended up just living with the fact that operators had the potential
to kill jobs and just made sure they understand the importannce of not
doing that.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com