Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] master to media question

2003-12-01 15:00:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] master to media question
From: fahnoe AT FahnoeTech DOT com (Larry Fahnoe)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:00:05 -0600
Jeff,

Suggest you look back through the list archives for a couple of
threads:

  [Veritas-bu] master server crashed
  [Veritas-bu] Migrating master from Windows to Solaris

as these have a fair bit of information on related topics,
specifically the task of migrating a master from one machine to
another.  I've done essentially what you're asking about.  Veritas
will probably say that professional services are required to do this
work, but if you are careful in your planning, such a process is
indeed possible.  You'll need a clear description of your current and
proposed configurations, and then a plan to address any changes in
machine names, NetBackup functions, and tape/robot locations.

--Larry

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:33:03PM -0800, Kennedy, Jeffrey commenced mumbling: