Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore filesystem without netbackup?

2003-11-05 04:46:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore filesystem without netbackup?
From: timothy.arnold AT becta.org DOT uk (Timothy Arnold)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:46:38 -0000
Hi NB Gurus,

I have just lost the disk that hold Netbackup 3.4 on my Solaris machine. I am
confident that I have a backup of the file system but don't know what tape its
on. So how does one restore the nb image, without netbackup and not knowing
what tape its on?  I am guessing the method is:

Reinstall Operating System
Reinstall Netbackup
Import all tapes (how does one do this?)
Restore netbackup

I have access to paper copies of the class list etc so it wouldn't be a big job
to reinput these, so could I just import all the tapes into netbackup and not
bother restoring netbackup?

Thanks a million!

Timothy.

PS: Might be worth adding this to DR plans :)

the system manager.
www.mimesweeper.com