Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore filesystem without netbackup?

2003-11-05 05:20:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore filesystem without netbackup?
From: rlh AT lsil DOT com (Richard Hellier)
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:20:29 +0000
--------------98787E5DAD39375B2D7E8118

Timothy Arnold wrote:

> Hi NB Gurus,
>
> I have just lost the disk that hold Netbackup 3.4 on my Solaris machine. I am
> confident that I have a backup of the file system but don't know what tape
> its on. So how does one restore the nb image, without netbackup and not
> knowing what tape its on?  I am guessing the method is:
>
> Reinstall Operating System
> Reinstall Netbackup
> Import all tapes (how does one do this?)
> Restore netbackup

Tim,
        After the first 2 steps above, why not just read in the catalog
backup tape?

Cheers,

Richard.
--------------98787E5DAD39375B2D7E8118

begin:vcard
n:Hellier;Richard
tel;cell:[+44] 7734-335601
tel;fax:[+44] 1344-413114
tel;work:[+44] 1344-413183
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:LSI Logic;GES UNIX Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:rlh AT lsil DOT com
adr;quoted-printable:;;Greenwood House=0D=0ALondon Road;Bracknell;BK;RG12 2UB;GB
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Richard Hellier
end:vcard

--------------98787E5DAD39375B2D7E8118--