Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Management Command

2003-10-24 10:35:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Management Command
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:35:35 -0500
--=_alternative 0050348886256DC9_=

I agree with Mark on using the fields in the VolDB also used by Vault and
available through vmchange and vmquery.  much easier than using
description (great for scripting since there all separate fields you can
pull out or change via CLI).

I just wanted to point out, though, that you can see Description (and
vault related fields) in the Admin Console if you tell it to show it as a
column.  Click View, Columns, and then Layout on the menu.  If Layout is
greyed out, you have to highlight an item in the right pane and then try
it again.  You can choose to show/hide anything in the list of fields. You
also choose the order left to right that they appear on the screen.

This is true for other windows as well.

- Scott

"Yosifovski, Tammy" <Tammy.Yosifovski AT usfc DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
10/22/2003 01:54 PM