Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] offloading clients to a private backup network

2003-07-02 17:41:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] offloading clients to a private backup network
From: rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com (rene_casalme AT baxter DOT com)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:41:07 -0700
Hello all,

I've just purchased a network switch which I plan to use as a private
backup network.  I have a bit of clients that perform backup on the
production network and I want to move their backup traffic to the private
net.  As a sanity check, I was planning on:

(1) using the second NIC port on each of the clients for the backup network
and call this client, say server1-priv
(2) add server1-priv to the NB and perform a full backup
(3) delete the original client, server1, from NB

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Rene