Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Backup Restore - Help

2003-06-16 16:38:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Backup Restore - Help
From: Bleimeyer, Paul W." <paulb AT mayo DOT edu (Paul Bleimeyer)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:38:44 -0500

Katherine,

Have you thought about changing the maximum fragement size under the storage
unit configuration? By default this is set to 0 which means it will try and
let
the job run to completion. Which is not all bad mind you, but it also means
that
if your backup job dies halfway through, then it tosses the catalog info for
the
backup session upto the 50% and then starts over. Some admins will set this
say 2gb or larger depending on platform and then the job will make a second
pass
and backup just 2gb and continue from there. This is a much better solution
when you
have backup jobs running against slow clients with really large disks. IE
10gb or larger
backups over slow 10/100mb links. Just a suggestion. See the following for
more info.

Regards,

Paul