Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Restore - Help

2003-06-16 16:11:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Restore - Help
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:11:20 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C33443.738735C0

> If anybody else has a different, more positive experience I think we'd all
like to hear it

Regrettably no. It gets even worse when you are importing, oh lets say 2
DLTs at 8 hours each, and after 15+ hours if fails because of bad media at
the end of the tape. It created a massive 250 meg file listing 99+% of the
files on the tapes but I couldn't restore any of them even though the files
you want are before the failure. It doesn't list them for restore and unless
you had multistreaming turned off and can use tar (Lucky me, I did) you are
hosed.

A very long series of emails and trouble calls to Veritas eventually got the
response "No. That is the way it is designed".