Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] force NB to use new tape for everyday schedule backup

2003-04-17 09:32:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] force NB to use new tape for everyday schedule backup
From: dbase77 AT yahoo DOT com (Feroz F. Basir)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:32:46 +0100 (BST)
Hi,

Thank you for replying. When you said suspend the tape
after backup, how do I go about that? Can I suspend it
right after the backup finish? If possible I want NB
to do it automatically without human interaction. As
this backup is our Disaster Recovery machine which is
off site far away.

Thank you in advance.

regards,
feroz

 --- Paul Winkeler <pwinkeler AT pbnj-solutions DOT com>
wrote: >
> Intead of physically removing the tape from the
> library, you could simply
> suspend the tape.  That will keep NetBackup from
> writing to it and still
> allow it to expire and become available again at its
> appointed time.
>
>  PaulW

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience