Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] force NB to use new tape for everyday schedule backup

2003-04-16 17:52:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] force NB to use new tape for everyday schedule backup
From: dbase77 AT yahoo DOT com (Feroz F. Basir)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:52:10 +0100 (BST)
Hi,

How do I go about setting NB to use new tape every day
instead of append to previous tape backup. I have tape
library which stores up to 24 tapes. I know I can just
take the tape out every day but too much hassle for
me.

If my backup is expire (retention level), the tape
become available automatically right? And I can insert
the expire tape into tape library and the backup will
start at the beginning of the tape. Am I right here?

Anybody ever implement this using NB 45?

Thank you in advance.

regards,
feroz

Yahoo! Plus