Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP restores for a Directory taking a long time

2003-04-02 16:29:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP restores for a Directory taking a long time
From: krish AT synopsys DOT com (Balasubramanian Krishnamurthy)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:29:29 -0800
Hi,

We are testing doing NDMP backups for our netapp filers using
Veritas Datacenter 4.5. The backup went through fine.
I was also able to do restores of individual files using DAR.
But when I am doing a restore of a directory from the filer, it is taking a
lot of time( 6 hours) and not finishing.

I have a bunch of the files created all size 0 and dated 1969.

IS this normal to take this long time.

The volume that was backed up using ndmp was 80GB and the
Directory I am restoring [ /etc] is a few hundred MB.

Thanks

Bala Krishnamurthy