Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Non-Robotic NetBackup 3.4

2003-04-02 14:57:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Non-Robotic NetBackup 3.4
From: benr AT cuddletech DOT com (Ben Rockwood)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:57:39 -0800 (PST)
Hello.

 I'm using NetBackup on a Solaris box that only has a single DLT drive, a
 DLT 2000XT, which should be fine for a small lab.  The problem is that
 I've never used NetBackup with non-robitic devices and am getting
 confused.  Everything should be setup fine, classes, storage classes, and
 media are setup.  But when I start a backup bptm seems to eject the tape
 (handle release) and the log shows that it's waiting for MediaID 001.
 But 001 was already in the tape drive, and the media manager only knew of
 one tape, 001.  I manually added the volume.
 Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?  Or could I be pointed toward
 any papers about working specifically with non-robitic devices?
  Thank you for any pointers.

 benr.

--
//Ben Rockwood - UNIX Systems Admin