Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Confirm DAR in NBU 4.5 FP3. 12 hours to restore a 500k file :-(

2003-03-30 16:40:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Confirm DAR in NBU 4.5 FP3. 12 hours to restore a 500k file :-(
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 16:40:55 -0500
Hello Jim

My understanding is that to start recording the index info required for DAR in
the  netbackup catalog you need  to upgrade to NBU 4.5 or higher. The code to
use this newly recorded index data for restores  is included in  NBU 4.5FP3.

I was able to restore a small file in less then 5 minutes, and this included
the time to mount a dlt tape cart.

There are some limitations in how many files can be entered for restore at one
time without falling back to the old method of doing restores.

len