Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Buffer settings for AIT

2003-03-24 20:30:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Buffer settings for AIT
From: benr AT cuddletech DOT com (Ben Rockwood)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:30:35 -0800 (PST)
I'm trying to tune the buffer settings for my tape system and am very
curious what other people might have found as optimal.
I'm using an ADIC Scalar 480 AIT, with 4 drives on a Sun 420R using gigether.

Right now NET_BUFFER_SZ, SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS and NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS are all
default.  I definately need to increase the number of buffers, but I'm not
sure what the optimal buffer size might be, so any experienced numbers
would be helpful, so I get it right the first time.
Thank You!

benr.

--
//Ben Rockwood - UNIX Systems Admin