Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] update_clients question

2003-02-12 06:18:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] update_clients question
From: Dariusz.Klar AT Sun DOT COM (Dariusz Klar)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:18:19 +0100
Hi Gurus,

According InfoDOC (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/242382.htm)
update_clients script update clients and MEDIA SERVERS binaries.
So, I've run update_clients script on the master for all my clients
and media servers with success. After that I've checked content
of the "pack.summary" file on all media servers and noticed that
there is no information about the latest patches (MP3) inside.
Maybe I've  missed something ? What is the correct way to install
patches on MEDIA SERVERS ? Do it via "update_clients" script or
copy patches to media servers and run Vrts_install.pack ?

ENV: NetBackup 4.5 DC and some media servers in SSO environment,
all on Solaris 8 SPARC

Any help appreciated,

regards,

Darek