Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bandwidth limiting on Nbu 4.5

2002-12-12 13:46:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bandwidth limiting on Nbu 4.5
From: GRABBEB AT dominos DOT com (Bob Grabbe)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:46:45 -0500
Has anyone used the bandwidth limniting feature on netbackup 4.5 ? I am
trying to implement this for one Windows 2000 client, and have set an ip
range including the client on the master server, but it doesn't seem to
be having any effect.
I have gigabit from both the master server and the client, and on
Dlt7000 drives, have been getting over 9500 k/sec, but all backups of
the client are ending with a 41 status, network timeout. I'm thinking to
limit the bandwidth allowed to try to make sure the nic isn't getting
overloaded in any way.
Master server & client both at vers 4.5 w/SP2. master is Solaris 8,
client is Win 2K w/ SP3.

Robert Grabbe
Dominos Pizza LLC
734-930-3703