Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] User directed backups from Solaris

2002-11-21 18:54:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] User directed backups from Solaris
From: Mark Kilpatrick" <mark.kilpatrick AT ttt DOT ie (Mark Kilpatrick)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:54:03 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01C291B9.452316E0

Hi,   I have installed client version 4.5 on my solaris 8 and 2.6 =
servers.  My master backup server is Win2000 also running 4.5 with MP2 =
installed.  I can successfully backup and recover the solaris clients =
from the master server.

But I cant successfully initiate a backup from the clients.  I open up =
jbpSA and choose a directory to backup and begin - the initiation is =
successful but nothing happens.   The User backup schedule is configured =
on the Master server in one of the policies.

I cannot recover any files which were backed up in the server initiated =
backups.  I have set the solaris server to have the free browse option =
on the master server.

Is there something dfferent in 4.5.  I thought that I just installed the =
software and if I had connectivity and User backup schedule then the =
client should be able to back itself up.   And I thought free browse =
would give me the option to recover all backups?

Help!!

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01C291B9.452316E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,&nbsp;&nbsp; I have installed client =
version 4.5=20
on my solaris 8 and 2.6 servers.&nbsp; My master backup server is =
Win2000 also=20
running 4.5 with MP2 installed.&nbsp; I can successfully backup and=20
recover&nbsp;the solaris clients from the master server.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But I cant successfully initiate a =
backup from the=20
clients.&nbsp; I open up jbpSA and choose a directory to backup and =
begin - the=20
initiation is successful but nothing happens.&nbsp;&nbsp; The User =
backup=20
schedule is configured on the Master server in one of the =
policies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I cannot recover any files which were =
backed up in=20
the server initiated backups.&nbsp; I have set the solaris server to =
have the=20
free browse option on the master server.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there something dfferent in =
4.5.&nbsp; I thought=20
that I just installed the software and if I had connectivity and User =
backup=20
schedule then the client should be able to back itself up.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
And I=20
thought free browse would give me the option to recover all=20
backups?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Help!!</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B9_01C291B9.452316E0--