Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] solaris 2.5 backup

2002-11-21 18:54:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] solaris 2.5 backup
From: Mark Kilpatrick" <mark.kilpatrick AT ttt DOT ie (Mark Kilpatrick)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:54:12 -0000

------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C291B9.4A4F8D60

I have to backup a Solaris 2.5 server using a Win2000  netbackup master =
server v4.5.  The Solaris 2.5 is not on the compatibility list but we =
were told that it should work anyway and if it didn't to try and =
downgrade the client version to 3.4.

Both versions of the client software are unsuccessful producing a file =
read failed (13) error.    All network communications seem to be fine =
between the servers.  I can open the client properties from the =
netbackup master server which to me would be an indication that the =
master server can communicate with the client!??

The file read error appears immediately when the backup begins.  There =
is no attempt to try again and if this was a network error I would =
expect the backup to fail only after timing out after attempted =
communication with the server fails.

How can I find out if my problem is related to the version of solaris or =
another issue?  Is anyone else backing up solaris 2.5?

Thanks,  Mark

------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C291B9.4A4F8D60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have to backup a Solaris 2.5 =
server&nbsp;using a=20
Win2000&nbsp; netbackup master server v4.5.&nbsp; The Solaris 2.5 is not =
on the=20
compatibility list but we were told that it should work anyway and if it =
didn't=20
to try and downgrade the client version to 3.4.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Both versions of the client software =
are=20
unsuccessful producing a file read failed (13) error.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
All=20
network communications seem to be fine between the servers.&nbsp;&nbsp;I =
can=20
open the client properties from the netbackup master server which to me =
would be=20
an indication that the master server can communicate with the=20
client!??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The file read error appears immediately =
when the=20
backup begins.&nbsp; There is no attempt to try again and if this was a =
network=20
error I would expect the backup to fail only after timing out&nbsp;after =

attempted communication with the server fails.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How can I find out if my problem is =
related to the=20
version of solaris or another issue?&nbsp; Is anyone else backing up =
solaris=20
2.5?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,&nbsp; =
Mark</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C291B9.4A4F8D60--