Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup DR Tape List

2002-08-22 02:55:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup DR Tape List
From: Bruce.McAlister AT irl.xerox DOT com (McAlister, Bruce)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:55:10 +0100
Hi All,

I am looking for the easiest way to pull a tape list from netbackup that
will enable me to recover the entire system. We are running Netbackup 3.2GA
with Standard, Windows, SAP, Oracle classes defined. Each client, in most
instances have a combination of these class types defined, ie standard +
oracle, standard + sap etc etc. What I would like to do is, for each client,
pull the last successfull FULL backup tape list, the last successfull CINC
backup tape list, last successfull SAP or Oracle (database & archive)  tape
list. At the end of it all, I would like to be able to use the report
generated by this script in a DR situation, I should be able to look at a
system, and say "right - i need these tapes to be recalled", and i should be
able to recover the system in full. I was wondering if anyone has any
suggestions, undocumented command parameters, scripts that would make this
whole excersize a load simpler than what it sounds.

Any comments and/or suggestions would be _greatly_ appreciated.

Thank you
Bruce McAlister
EDS Ireland c/o Xerox Ireland
UNIX System Administrator