Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Stays Queued

2002-08-15 10:49:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Stays Queued
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
O'Shea, Don writes:
> I am currently in the process of revamping our Netbackup solution. I
> have created a new Master that will have several media managers assigned

"Will have", as in they're known by the master but the machines
themselves don't have NBU configured yet?  That can cause something
like this.

> to it. I have just configured the first one and tried a test backup. The
> test backup however just stays queued even though the drive is available
> and there is a brand new tape assigned to the class it is using.
>
> My question to you is what logs should I enable to capture what may be
> the cause of this.

bpsched and the output of 'netstat -an'.  Maybe bpdbm, but probably
not at first.  All of these are on the master.

--
Larry Kingery
   10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't