Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] remote unix client install failed

2002-07-17 18:01:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] remote unix client install failed
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:01:44 -0700
Just an FYI for the list, there are new services that are required in
4.5 to make it work the same way 3.4.1 did (at least with respect to
remote Unix installs).

Here are the additions I have made to my services file:

vnetd   13724/tcp       vnetd
bpjobd  13723/tcp       bpjobd
nbdbd   13723/tcp       nbdbd
visd    9284/tcp        visd

vnetd is required to do the remote installs.  Never had it before in
3.4.1 and remote isntalls worked fine.  Don't know why it was added or
why it wasn't made obvious as a needed addition but there it is...

Tested after a reboot and it worked.  Thanks Larry!

~JK

--
Jeff Kennedy