Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 + Netapp Filer (6.1.X) issues

2002-07-10 10:23:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 + Netapp Filer (6.1.X) issues
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:23:36 -0700
NetBackup is probably the weakest backup product when it comes to NDMP;
but that wasn't the case a year and half ago when I purchased it.  At
that time the choices were Legato or Veritas (Workstation Solutions too
but I had never heard of them before).

As for your specific issue, I have not yet seen that.  I have an R100
running 6.2R1P1 that I backup with NBU and it works ok, no media cycle.
The NBU server was recently upgraded to 4.5 from 3.4 as well, no issues
seen regarding NDMP.  However, I would bet the farm that it is a NBU
issue and not NetApp.

~JK