Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Admin Console from Windows

2002-05-22 02:57:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Admin Console from Windows
From: davidmdahl AT attbi DOT com (David Dahl)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 23:57:13 -0700
Admin Console from WindowsJustin Shaffer wrote:

I was just curious if there is an equivalent console that provides full
administration capabilities for Windows (connecting to a Solaris
Master/Media Server) to the UNIX java console. I have some NT admins that
want to manage their own policies, but aren't comfortable using X. Any
ideas? My experience has always been with the CLI, but we need something a
little more "user friendly" for our NT guys.
<<

It seems to me that there is a Java administration client on the Netbu 3.4
Windows disk. I recently installed 4.5 on my HP-UX server and installed a
Administrative Remote Console on my laptop (Win2000 service pack 2). This
option shows up when you follow the path of installing NetBU server on the
Win2000 system. Somewhere along the line you choose the Admin Remote Console
instead of the server software.

If you want more detail, please specify release level.

Best wishes,

David Dahl
Portland, Oregon