Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing

2002-05-20 17:18:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
I got some emails asking for details of the DLT7000 versions.  I have
no specific documentation which talks about them.

Dick Stone from Quantum used to answer lots of questions about the
devices on the forums at dlttape.com.  I once asked him specifically
about these older versions of the 7K that did the rate-dependent
compression.  This was his response.

> This behavior applies only to those DLT7000 models with 4MB cache
> buffer. Very few of these models were released into the market. The
> designation for the DLT7000 models is TH6XY-ZZ, where "X", "Y", and
> "ZZ" represent model variations. The model designation for the DLT7000
> with 4MB cache have either an letter A or B for the "Y" variable. All
> other models have 8MB cache and do not use rate dependent compression

Next you're probably going to ask me about where you find the
designation..  I don't know that either. :-)  I suppose it's on the case
itself somewhere, but I'm not sure how you would view it in software.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company