Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing

2002-05-20 09:12:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing
From: bbriscoe AT visteon DOT com (Briscoe, Brian (B.))
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:12:57 -0400
Multiplexing will not magically increase the capacity of your tapes........

Typically the backup data streaming from your netbackup client will not be
arriving at the server any where near the speed that your tape drive can
write data to the tape.

Multiplexing allows netbackup to write two (or more) backup streams to the
same tape drive at the same time, thereby increasing the thruput to the tape

drive, and decreasing the elapsed times of your backups.

HTH,

Brian Briscoe
European OA Support,
Visteon UK Ltd,