Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup - Backup process is taking too long

2002-04-26 14:23:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup - Backup process is taking too long
From: lamoglia AT easynet.com DOT br (Marcelo Lamoglia)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:23:29 -0300
Hi,

These are the specifications of the machine which is presenting the
problem:
     - NIC is a compaq nc3123 fast ethernet adapter set to 100 full
duplex. All tests were done.
     - 178Gb to back up in 750,435 files in a compressed NTFS partition
     - Disks are fast scsi
     - stress test did not point any  "bottlenecks"
     - Norton 7.0 installed
     - The OS is NT 4.0 with SP6
     - Backup is taking 40 hours with a rate of 1.3 Mb/s
     - In host file, server is already set.
     - In registry:
HKLM/software/veritas/netbackup/currentversion/config
only the following key related to buffers:
->buffer_size (with the value of 32)
       - Server is a file server on a Sun machine
The problem persists. Is there any other way to make this backup faster? I
think that rate (1.3) is too slow.

Best Regards,
Marcelo